1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Heated mirror question...2006 GMC

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Santry426, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Santry426

Santry426 Senior Member

Well found out the hard way that my new to me 2006 sierra has power mirrors but not heated. Damn did they suck during the storm backing up. Do these trucks have everything needed to run heated mirrors at the doors if they didnt come with them? It has a heated rear window switch on the dash. I see some nice power heated towing mirrors on ebay just wana make sure they will work. Anyone had this problem?

2. johnslawn

johnslawn Member
    from ma

Wondering the same thing. Have same trk/yr. With west coast mirrors

3. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

For the west coast mirrors look up Hadley 4way mirrors. I got a set for $360 with power and heat. You have to have some mechanical and electrical skills to do the install though.

4. johnslawn

johnslawn Member
    from ma

Not a problem buying mirrors, want to know if wire for heated mirrors is in door from factory already.

5. jmassi

jmassi Senior Member

If you get a set of factory mirrors that have the turn signal in the mirror, those are heated mirrors, i have them on my truck, and yes it is already pre-wired for them. Just turn on the rear defrost to activate the heated mirrors. Best money you'll ever spend. Trust me. :nod:

6. Rotator911

Rotator911 Junior Member

my 03 gmc 2500 hd was set up 4 heated and turn signal mirrors inside the doors.I picked up after market heated mirrors and they worked fine.

7. johnslawn

johnslawn Member
    from ma

Crap. I bought truck used. Don't know if turn signal mirrors were on trk from fact. I have rear defrost tho.
    And power mirror control on door. Guess I will need to take panel off.

8. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

HOLD UP!
    Before you go buying new mirrors answer these questions!

1. Do you have the VYU plow prep? The beacon light switch is the best clue.
    2. Do you have the DL-3 mirrors? Check your RPO list in the glovebox.
    If you have a 2500 and have the rear defroster you should have heated mirrors also.
    Not sure if the west coast/camper mirrors are heated/pre-wired.

Read this:
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=24273&highlight=heated+mirrors

Your mirrors heating pad has prob. failed. A common issue.
    Easy to replace yourself. Read that link.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  9. ivans snow plow

ivans snow plow Junior Member
    from chicago

I have 1999 GMC sierra 2500 extended cab w/o rear defrost and I’m thinking to get heated mirror and my truck is prewired from factory for heated mirrors, but I don’t have rear defrost so how do I turn them on? Do I need to run additional wires? Please help thanks