1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

heated mirror install on F350

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by MSS Mow, Dec 12, 2010.

1. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

I am curious as to how difficult it would be to install heated mirrors on a 2001 Ford F350 Superduty that currently does not have heated mirrors on it?? Ballpark any idea what it would cost (excluding the actual cost of the new mirrors)?? Thanks for any insight or suggestions.

2. deereequipment

deereequipment Member

you could probably wire them yourself, but they mirrors themselves are very pricey.

Another option, if you can get into your mirrors (which, once they are gone into, you may not be able to get them to close back up)......

You can buy the heater element, that is adhesive backed, and place it on the back of the actual glass mirror. (I have done this on older style trucks).

Contact a school bus dealer that sells mirror lite bus mirrors. The mirrors that are called "double nickel" come heated or not heated, but for them, you can buy just that heated element that has a positive and a ground wire, then run the wires yourself, then wire them to a switch.

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

if you have power mirrors now then the wire for the heated mirrors should already be in the wiring in the door

4. mjones

mjones Junior Member
    from indy

i bought some heated mirrors off ebay a few yrs ago i just cut off the plug from the new mirros and wired a hot and a ground to a switch they have been great ever since

5. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Thanks for the advice guys. Hydro, currently I do not have power mirrors and I don't care if I do have power. It's only the heat I'm concerned with.

Not concerned with the price of the mirror itself so much as to the ability to actually get it wired up.

Thanks guys!

6. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

7. mjones

mjones Junior Member
    from indy

have you checked out ebay?

8. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

9. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Johnny, check these out.

http://www.truckchamp.com/products/...01/make=ford/model=f%2d350-super-duty-pickup#

What I really want (need) to know is how to wire the truckside. I can buy all the heated mirrors I want, but with nothing to connect them to, they will not heat up. :cry:.

I would like to find a kit to wire the truck side to be able to just "plug and play" into the heated mirror.