1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Heated Handle Grips Anyone?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by psychoii, Oct 13, 2004.

1. psychoii

psychoii Junior Member

A couple of years ago I bought a 10HP MTD snowblower and I couldn't be happier with it. However, I decided that I wanted a set of heated handlegrips for it as I have a lot of trouble with my hands. I went to a friend who is also a dealer, but he was unable to find any for that particular model. MTD makes them and puts them on their new machines, but no one seems to sell any aftermarket accessories like these. Does anyone know of any place that might sells universal heated handlegrips or anything of that sort? Thanks in advance for your help.
  2. scholzee

scholzee Senior Member

Snowmobiles and ATVs had heated grips for years, those machines usually have lights so it is powered by the lighting coil. If you have a light on the blower it should have a lighting coil or maybe a battery. Do a search for snowmobile parts, one place that comes to mind is Dennis Kirk they have a catalog with universal grips. The only problem is most ATVs and snowmobile have about 1" diameter metal tube for a grip you will need to know they diameter of your handle grip to make sure it will slide over it.
  3. scholzee

scholzee Senior Member

4. Remsen1

Remsen1 Senior Member

try northern tool.
  5. psychoii

psychoii Junior Member

Thanks folks, I appreciate the help. :)
  6. Edgewater

Edgewater Member

The snow blower must have a high current charging system. The coil that runs the lights is not strong enough for heated grips.