1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by jdknight75, Jan 24, 2009.

1. jdknight75

jdknight75 Senior Member

I read alot of post about water in the fluid and it freezing up. Could you run some heat ind the pump to keep it from freezing, or is this a bad for o-rings?
  2. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

I buy my fluid already mixed with heat from the dealer. I am not sure on mix ratio but yes you can. Idon't recomend mixing your own.
  3. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

First of all, you have to fix the problem of how you got the water in the system. There is a leak some where and maybe very small. If fluid can leak out, water can leak in.
    Now you have to purge your whole system and use the proper Meyers fluid that has an additive to get rid of moisture. I have heard of adding a cap of dry gas to your system as a preventive, but once you have a problem, I doubt if it will take all the water out and it darn sure won't fix the leak that let the water in in the first place.
    Hey, Good Luck