1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

heat won't stop blowing

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Brian's Lawn, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Brian's Lawn

Brian's Lawn Senior Member

i have a 2003 Chevy 2500 HD, and just the other night, i was coming home and i went to turn the defroster off and it didnt stop blowing at all. I even got home, shut it off and the air was still blowing, i just ended up pulling the fuse. That gets real old real fast everytime i want to shut off the heat in the truck. What could be wrong, how do i fix it, andhow much is it going to cost? :realmad:

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The blower motor relay is stuck on.

Easy to fix. It's located in the blower module assembly, its a one piece deal which is located in the HVAC plenum right behind the glove box. Shouldn't take more than a 1/2 hr to change it out.

Here's a pic of the module and it's location:

cover%20installed%203 (Small).jpg

3. Brian's Lawn

thanks cause i was almost ready to take it ti the shop because i didnt even know where to start looking. now one more question.. this may be a dumb question, but do i have to replace a part, or just flip a switch or what? thanks, not to familiar with this part of the truck

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Needs the part replaced Brian (non repairable item). When you disconnect the wire connector from it also look at the plastic on the connector plug to be sure it's not burnt or melted, rather common on these trucks. You can buy the replacement connector pigtail as an AC delco replacement part as well.

5. Brian's Lawn

thanks B&B. ... your username is ironic, because BB is my initials. lol. just interesting i thought