1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

heat in a 246 Cat ss

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by xc23, Aug 19, 2010.

1. xc23

xc23 Member

I just bought a 01 cat 246 SS enclosed heated cab. (pics up soon) . I noticed that the only heat vents were on the right side in front and behind the pilot control .There is also a lot of gaps around the bottom of the cab where it mounts to the chassis. It is a factory enclosed cab . My ques is will the two vents provide enough heat and has any one found problems with the gaps at the bottom of the cab and if so how did you seal them. Thanks

2. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

I've got a 2002 248 and no problems with heat..... the cab and lower portion I believe has (or should have) foam in between them

3. xc23

xc23 Member

Thanks the machine was used indoors so maybe someone removed the foam for ventilation.the heat seems good to you, just kind of ques with only two vents. I also noticed you use a 8' pusher .How does it handle it . People I have talked to say you can use a 10' that's what I am going to use . By the way do you use counter balance weights I have the baskets but no weights , Wondering if i am going to need they thanks for your reply