1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

heard of E-61

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by plow4u, Mar 15, 2008.

1. plow4u

plow4u PlowSite.com Veteran

Antyody ever hear of an E-61 pump? Is this a newer version of the E-60,thought Meyer changed everthing over to the E-58H?????? Saw an E-61 on ebay and was just wondering couldn't find anything about it on Meyers website.

2. AHammen

AHammen Member

Never heard of an e-61, think the person selling it made a mistake. What does it look like? I tried searching ebay but couldn't find it.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The E-61H was basically a piece together from Meyer that used an E60 base/motor/ram with the newer style E58H power angle block and valves.

IIRC they only made them less than a year (couple thousand units total) back in 04-05.

A bit of a Frankenstein I suppose..but not unheard of for Meyer..

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Here's a pic of the elusive and little known E-61H.

You can see it's nothing more than an E-60H with the E58 style PA block that includes the newer style couplers.

Meyer E-61H.jpg

5. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

So basically if you wanted to shell out the coin for one of those E58 pa blocks, we could all feasibly make our E60's an E61 then?? Wonder if it would make the hydralics any faster or not??

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Correct..but no advantage to it.

Not a bit....might add a slight amount of reliability but I'm not impressed with the "new and improved" PA blocks either.

7. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

So just leave the good ole E60 as it sits. I have heard/read about issues with the newer E58's that Meyer is having. They should have just stuck with the tried and true 47/57/60 set ups:nod:

8. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

i dont think its the 58 so much its the express mount the thing dosent go up all the way

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The E57's are about the best one out of the entire bunch IMO. Less corrosion problems than the E-60's but still have the speed. Unfortunately they're not equipped with an adjustable drop speed like 60's as well as the newer pumps.

The E-58 PA block was a step in the right direction with the newer sealed coil's with a dedicated ground wire (something other plows have had for nearly 20 years :rolleyes:) but they still missed the boat with the single piece crossovers, didn't help with all the crossover valve problems and the valves still don't hold up.

The "new and improved" E-58's are still made up of about 50% of an old 70's era E47.

They really need to design a completely new pump, (or let someone else do it) rather than continuing to "add on" to old technology pumps.

10. KGRlandscapeing

mike we just keep beating around the bush saying that they should get a new set up. we say its outdated. but it workd 30 years ago it still works today. tryd and true

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

They said the same thing about AM radio and sealed beam head lights Kevin. :)

12. KGRlandscapeing

see that i cant attest to i am only 18 both befor my time

13. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Thats the point Kev, they're both still in use, but theirs much better technology available than that "tried and true" stuff. :)

14. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

So did Pintos and Vegas. But time hasn't changed their faults, nor has it changed the Meyer pump. It has the speed of a pedal car, the reliability of a Fiat, but luckly parts are sold in vending machines on evey corner.:jester: Meyer's last "highly reliable" pump was the T-6.

15. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

Hey! I had one of those. Then again I also have an electric Monarch push pull sitting on a shelf. :D