1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Health ins ,did you raise rates?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by leigh, Dec 9, 2014.

1. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

For those small operators,were you shocked at the price increases in personal health ins policies with the new mandates?.Mine doubled,I'm sure all my democratic customers will be happy as I pass these costs on to them!

2. jerpa

jerpa Member

Insurance cost has gone up 50%, deductible tripled, coinsurance went from 90% to 70%, out of pocket limit doubled, and copays increased by 50%.

Just imagine how bad it would be without the ACA.:dizzy:

3. MK97

MK97 PlowSite.com Addict

But but but, the ACA was going to make it better for everyone...:realmad:

Getting tired of the annoying commercials with people in my age bracket (late 20's) going on about how cheap their plans are (every example was under $100) and how shocked they were at the great coverage. Yeah, either they don't make any money or lied about income because my quote for a plan a step above having a witch doctor as my provider was $220/month.

4. jerpa

jerpa Member

Yeah I am in that group as well and the coverage at those prices is a joke. They're glorified versions of the "terrible plans" used to promote reform, except now they are mandatory.

I guess I should have actually answered the question. No I wasn't shocked at all. If costs and coverage had merely stayed the same, adjusted for inflation of course, now that would have shocked me. Implementation is far from complete though so you better keep bending over...

On a positive note, my wife and I were relieved to find out that due to the reforms I now have maternity coverage. It was such a gamble just carrying it on her.

5. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Now thats just funny :laughing::laughing::laughing:

6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Of course I didn't, my rates dropped dramatically. NOT

Stupid bunch of BS and idiots that passed this law.

Stupid bunch of Republicans that didn't have the testicular fortitude to just not fund this POS legislation.

7. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT