1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

heads up! the 6.0 is going away!

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by BoyneCityGuy, Oct 7, 2009.

1. BoyneCityGuy

BoyneCityGuy Senior Member

just wanted to throw out a heads up to everyone. stopped in the local chevy dealer yesterday looking at trucks, diesel trucks, but he told me that for the 2010 line, the 6.0 gasser will be discontinued across the board, so a 5.3 will be it, in everything from a 1500-3500hd. :cry: so if you are looking for a new gas truck, hurry up and grab an 09 thats still out there. my dealer told me they could no longer order 09's however. he also said 2010 production starts the middle of this month. just an update, sorry if it's redundant, i dont kno, but just trying to help someone out! :waving:

2. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

I talked to a commercial truck dealer and he said the diesel option for 2010 will be about $10,000.00

3. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Awsome, Looks like I might be buying a 2010 now... Never seen the real need or value behind the 6 litre

4. jperry9636

jperry9636 Member

The new 6.2 is the replacement the 5.3 does not have the low end grunt that the 6.0 and 6.2 has.

Later,
    Jack

5. 70monte

70monte Senior Member

That figures. It seems like GM has been cutting engine options down the last few years. First the 8.1 goes and now the 5.3. I seriously doubt the 5.3L is going to cut it in a 3500 series truck that does any serious hauling or towing. I think GM wants to push everyone who tows or hauls anything to the diesel. I'm a GM person and have been for years but this would be another strike against GM in my book and might push me to another brand.

Wayne

6. BoyneCityGuy

yeah, i was a little bummed, and of course since im looking at diesel, he didnt tell me of any more money for one in 2010...its already expensive enough as is...but o well, and they are tryin to push people to diesel to please the tree huggers...easier to make "green" i think...im all for diesel, jus dont wanna be pushed there...

7. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

Your dealer is ********. The 5.3 is NOT going into the HD's at all.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
  8. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Yeah x2, no way will the 5.3 go in HD trucks. 6.2, that I could see.

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Either your dealer is on crack or you misunderstood his conversation as the 6.0 continues on for the 2010 model year. Suspicions show the 6.2 coming along in 2011...along with an upgraded FAWR for which they so desperately need.

10. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Fawr ???? ???? ...

11. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

12. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

oh well next truck is gonna be a dodge 2500 with 6.7 cummins

13. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

the 6.2's are going to be in the tahoes and 1500's too

14. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

FWAR is it going to be an upgrade to a heavier rating ?????

15. BoyneCityGuy

B&B you probablly know better, i would like to think the dealer is on crack or i misunderstood him...and if they are bumping the FAWR i might wait to get a 2010 since im gonna go diesel anyway. thanks for your help as usual!

16. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

Talk to a friend,he said the NADA book shows that GM is putting the 6.2 in the Denali for the past year or two. He did not remember if they changed the bore or stroke to get the .2

17. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

I think it has been in the escalades as well

18. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

The stroke stayed at 92mm, and the bore went from 101.6mm to 103.25mm

19. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

Not a whole lot of detail other than a new frame will be under the truck, and the next version of the duramax for 2011. I wonder if GM will release the GenV V8 in the new trucks... Will be interesting to see what happens with the IFS though, as to whether it stays or not.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2009/10/2011-gm-heavy-duty-pickups-to-feature-new-chassis.html (note, truck pictured is only a mule)

20. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I would be willing to bet that they will try and do the coil over shock set up on the HD's now like the 1/2 tonners. GM has to keep all their retirees happy and everyone else looking for a plush grocery getter. I am a die-hard GM guy, but everytime they re-vamp the truck line, it just gets worse and worse. I will keep buying older used Chevy trucks since they wont suck like the new ones, lol. If I had a good bit of $$$$, I think a D/A swap into an 87 K30 chassis and body would be completely awesome!!!