1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Heads up. Might be a good tool for a sidewalk crew?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Buswell Forest, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

2. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

Little overpriced, brand new setup like that will run around 30.........

3. OldSchoolPSD

OldSchoolPSD Senior Member

That much? I just bought a diesel Gator HPX with the deluxe cab and heater for $15,500. How much is that damn plow?

edit: Just realized that's an older machine too, almost 10 years.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Way, way, WAY overpriced.

I don't have a diesel, but I do have the 825i and didn't pay that much for the setup brand new, and that includes a SnowEx 575 salter.

On edit, just looked at the rest of the pics and I see it has the same spreader.

Or........maybe I should try to sell mine?

5. OldSchoolPSD

Now I am kind of curious. Anyone know what the Boss V setup and the spreader run?

If you can set up an 825i for that much an HPX should come in 3-4k under that

6. Mark Oomkes

I don't remember exactly.

About $2200 for the plow and $1500 max for the spreader.

I wouldn't pay more than $15K for it. IF that.

7. jrs.landscaping

from Maine

That's a great buy, our rtv 1100 runs around 20-22k depending on options, the price for the boss v was in the ballpark of 5k and a 1/2 yard Meyer spreader was around 3k.

We looked at a used Kubota, with a similar setup for 17,500, higher hours but it was 5 or six years newer.

8. OldSchoolPSD

$15k buys a new one. 0.9% financing at that.

You could buy two used ones from united rentals, outfit them with new plows and spreaders, and still not spend what this guy wants.

Can you make money with a utv? I have been offered a townhouse community but my trucks are too big to do it effectively in my opinion. Might be a good spot to put the gator to work... Current guy does it with a skid steer and a gang of amigos with shovels.

9. Mark Oomkes

My experience with the XUV is far from pleasant, it has been far from reliable.

The RTV is by and far the best work UTV available. I have an '05 that I have spent less money on repairs keeping it going since than my XUV that I put 2 seasons on before making it a backup.

10. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

If you don't want it let me know lol. I'm working on 2 centers in edgewater for next season

11. Mark Oomkes

You're getting hosed if you have to pay $5k for a UTV V blade. I may be low, but $5k is truck plow pricing, and I know it isn't that high.

12. jrs.landscaping

from Maine

Tell me about it, paid a little over 7k for a Fisher xls. Then we went to a Meyer dealer for a price on a 1/2 yard sander and was blown away with the price.

We didn't really need either for the sidewalk crew, they throw their shovels in the back and spread salt with a wb spreader.