1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Headlights

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by MAGNUM SERVICES, Dec 17, 2009.

1. MAGNUM SERVICES

MAGNUM SERVICES Member

Just hooked up my Western Ultramount plow to my 96 GMC Sierra 2500 and everything works except my plow headlights! EVERYTHING worked when I put it away at the end of the season last year. The marker lights and turn signals work on the plow, just not the headlights. The headlights work on the truck, both low and high beam. All electrical connections are clean and tight and all fuses are good. My truck does have Daylight Running Lamps but they have not worked for the past six years and I don't ever recall seeing them work on the plow headlights.I did disconnect the DRL's under the dashboard this summer as they finally came on without ever doing a thing to them . ANY and ALL replies will be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Keith

Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

if you disconnected the drl pink wire under the dash you need power the relays with the 2 brown wires at the relays.

3. MAGNUM SERVICES

MAGNUM SERVICES Member

So the relay on my truck now is no good to me unless I go under the dash and reconnect the DRL's.

4. no lead

no, pull the headlight out and disconnect the pink wires from the relays. plug the brown ones in. simple.

5. MAGNUM SERVICES

MAGNUM SERVICES Member

On my way to my garage to try that!

6. MAGNUM SERVICES

MAGNUM SERVICES Member

Forgot to mention my truck has the Composite quad headlamp assemblies. O.k., pulled driver side battery to access the relays and connected the brown wire up. Plow headlights work on low beam only but when you turn the high beams on, the truck high beams come on. Is this normal? I can live without the high beams on the plow. Truck headlights work on low and high beam when plow is disconnected. Thanks for the fast replies! Keith

7. MAGNUM SERVICES

MAGNUM SERVICES Member

EVERYTHING working exactly as it should! Thanks, Keith

8. no lead

:salute:......

9. Brad Ent

Brad Ent Junior Member
    from CT

Guy's,
    I've got a similar problem w/ an ultra on an 01 Silverado.
    No low beams, highs work.
    Just clipped the pink wire to see if this had any affect on the lows not working.
    No lead, explain the relay connection to me again.
    When you say relay, do you mean the isolator module?