1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by Troybaseball21, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Troybaseball21

Troybaseball21 Member
    from Ohio

I've noticed the head lights on the plow seem to suck on my plow. It's not the illumination, its the housing bolts. They keep coming loose. Anyone know of any way that I can fix this problem. I have tried tightening the bolts that stick through the bottom, but the whole nut and bolt keeps turning. Starting to get frustrated cause when I plow I have one light pointed out in a decent direction, and the other pointed down at the ground about 5 feet in front of the plow after some vibrations.
  2. W8N4snow

W8N4snow Member

Can you take the front off and the light out to get at the top/backside of the bolt and hold it while tightening it?
  3. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

The only solution I found was to grind off the 4 rivets on the bottom and take it apart. On mine after spinning it rounded out the inside. A few tack welds took care of that. It did loose some adjustability, so you want to make it is somewhat close while doing this. You can still adjust it with the mounting cup underneath. You can then replace the rivets or use small bolts and locknuts.
  4. Troybaseball21

Troybaseball21 Member
    from Ohio

Thats what I will have to look at doing. Cause yea, the housing does have the rivits. It's snowing here now (finally) so it will have to wait and bit.