1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by LordOfTheSith, Sep 26, 2006.

1. LordOfTheSith

LordOfTheSith Member

Just had a new snow-way put on my Dodge Dakota today. I noticed after I took the plow off that the trucks own headlights do not work. I AM taking it back to the installer tomorrow. But, does anyone have any idea what the heck the installer did to cause this?

2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Which series plow did you purchase? If it is a new 22 or 26 series plow with the EIS lighting system I have an idea. When you disconnected the plow did you plug the connectors together that are on the vehicle that were connected to the lights? They need to be plugged in so your truck lights know to work properly. If you did do this and they are not working properly I would take back to the dealer and have it checked out.

Tom O'Brien
    Western District Sales Manager
    Sno-Way International Inc.
  3. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I was thinking they unplug the stock headlight harnesses and plug into the plow harness. This makes the plow light go on when the truck harness gets power. There must be new connectors on the plow harness that goes back into the truck bulbs, that what I'm thinking they forgot to plug in.

That's how the Fisher lights work. So I would check there if it was me. I admit I have no idea how yours work so don't kill me if I'm wrong, I'm just trying to help.