1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Packman11, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Packman11

Packman11 Junior Member

I just got my curtis sno pro 3000 installed and everything works correctly but my 93 chevy k3500 has a bulb for low beams and a bulb for high. Well now that I've got the curtis headlight adapters and curtis light switch installed my headlights are stuck in high beam mode. Both highs and lows are on as soon as a hit the factory headlight switch. And that is no matter what position the plow light switch is in. The curtis light switch works correctly as in it switches the lights from truck to plow as it should but when it is in the truck light position both the highs and lows are on. Does anyone have any idea why that is? Thanks for any input!
  2. KevinJablo

KevinJablo Junior Member

I'm not sure if I am too late or not. The only thing I can think of is the 12v+ feed is going through the ground. If the ground is shared by each headlight, then it would feed through ground then out what is supposed to be the feed. Thus lighting both bulbs.

Without having the wiring schematic to see how the low beam and high beam feeds get back to the headlights.

I had a similar issue on my plow side. My truck came with a composite beam headlight (9007) and the guy who installed it put the wrong headlight adapter in (9004) when the plow lights were on, both filaments would light.

I hope this helps. I might be able to help more if I could see photos of the head light adapters.

3. South Seneca

South Seneca Senior Member

There are different pig tails that are available for different years of trucks. If you get the right pig tails it should correct your issue.
  4. KevinJablo

KevinJablo Junior Member

Exactly. For my application, since the 9004 and 9007 are physically the same, I was able to swap the pins around in the pigtail to truck connection and the pigtail to bulb connection to make them into a "9007" type connection. Now the lights are bright!