1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Headlights Won't Turn Off!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Bord, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Bord

Bord Junior Member

I have an '07 Ultramount on a 95 3/4 ton Chevy Suburban. I have been plowing for over a year and something went out in the control module (I think). With the plow hooked up, the lights work fine, but when I turn the lights off and turn the truck off, the truck headlights come on. When I unhook the plow, the truck lights stay on all of the time, whether the truck is on or off. The only way to get them to turn off is to unplug the harness from the plow control module. Anyone know what might be the problem??? Thanks!
  2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

I know this might sound off the wall or even crazy..Did you check the grounds?

Check the harness to make sure there are no bare wires. Check wires going to the solenoid (or if you have relays) for poor connection. check for corrode connection. If you find any corrode connection(s) clean and use dielectric grease.