1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Headlights Stopped working.

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by 4x4Farmer, Aug 29, 2015.

1. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

I installed a wiring harness on a 2012 dodge earlier this summer and the headlights worked just the way they were suppose to when I got done. Truck lights worked when the switch was on truck and they would shut off when switched to plow. This was a used harness off another truck...just so you all know that. The other night I got into it and the headlights wouldn't come on. I messed with the switch and nothing happened. I messed with my headlight switch on the truck for awhile and they eventually came on...left the farm and got down the road about a mile and they went out and that was a 5 days ago. Haven't been able to get them to work since. I switched out the relays for the headlight adapters with two of the other ones and still nothing. I checked the fuses on the adapters from the power wires and they were good. So I ended up pulling the whole grill off the truck and headlights pulled out and switched the plugs back to the factory ones and of course it all works now. So what could it be? The switch in the cab for the lights??? Thats about my only guess other then if there is a bad wire. Any one have similar issues and what was the cause of it?
  2. extremepusher

extremepusher Member
    from west mi

Check for corrison on the used wire harness plugs for the headlight.
  3. RRSS

RRSS Junior Member

No corrosion on anything. It is a very Clean harness and looked like new. It worked fine when I installed it.
  4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

To different OP's????
  5. RRSS

RRSS Junior Member

Huh??? Op?
  6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

4x4farmer posted. And RRSS is replying.....odd
  7. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

sorry for the confusion. I didn't realize my mobile was logged in as RRSS. They are both me cause I run two different companies. 4x4farmer is my always recognized account for Smithco Inc and RRSS is Red River Snow Service my personal business. Anyways I try to keep the treads separated for confusion sake..but i guess this one got me. Sorry...so back to the headlights....anyone????