1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

headlights on pro-v

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by tilawn, Jan 10, 2016.

1. tilawn

tilawn Member

I have a friend of mine that has a Meyer Pro-V plow, approximately 3 years old and had it "professionally" installed. Question is the headlights only work on the plow when the power to the controller is on.......is this normal or did his installer mess up somewhere? If he has plow on tuck but doesnt want to turn plow power on he has to use truck headlights instead. Problem there is that he has a newer Ford truck and the headlights shine into back of plow instead of the road. Personally I run Western and it doesnt matter if power is on to plow for the plow headlights to work they automatically switch when I plug truck in when I hook it up. Any help would be greatly appreciated
  2. jmassi

jmassi Senior Member

Sounds like whoever installed it connected the orange power wire for the plow lights to the 12V ignition power wire for the controller, thus when the controller is turned on, the power then goes to the plow light modules, turning on the plow lights. Sounds like it was half-assed IMO. What your friend will need to do is find the orange wire that is coming from the plow light modules and connect that to a separate toggle switch.
  3. timboy

timboy Member
    from Ny

Totally normal on the newer Meyer plows,they did away with the seperate toggle switch.
    If it really bothers him he could cut the orange wire that runs to the light modules and run it to a switch.
  4. tilawn

tilawn Member

ok thank you for the responses and thats what I thought it would be. I am not sure what his big deal is about just turning on the controller for the headlights is either other then he is weird about some things. Also after checking into this even further according to NTSB it is law that you have to use the plow lights if the plow is hooked to the truck. Thanks again gentlemen!!