1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Headlights Not Switching

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by SebagoLakeRanch, Dec 13, 2014.

1. SebagoLakeRanch

SebagoLakeRanch Junior Member
    from 04038

Everything worked about a week ago when I last used the plow (a Minute Mount Straight Blade with Solenoid Electric Hydraulic Pak) but today I hooked up and the plow lights don't switch on, and the control won't turn on either.

I did the Motor Relay Test and the Vehicle Harness Test, both of which passed. I didn't have a good way of getting 12v to the pins of the connector so I wasn't able to perform the Control Test. I did check all the wires in the control for continuity which was fine.

I'm thinking I have a problem with the 9 Pin connector at the front of the truck or a relay isn't working. I'm not sure where to look. I bought a 9 pin pig tail kit to replace the plow side last year. I took my time and did a good job, so I know that side is good.

I could use some advice on where to look next.

[​IMG]

Mechanic's Guide
    http://library.fisherplows.com/fisherplows/pdffiles/21935_120098.pdf

Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Relay setup or Iso?

3. SebagoLakeRanch

from 04038

What would I look for to answer that?

4. dieselss

Are you serous Clark?
    Do you have relays to control the lights or the Iso module...

5. SebagoLakeRanch

from 04038

6. dieselss

So the 2 relays.
    Lights could be many things. Start with the plow hooked up, and test lightning the plow beam relay. It should have power at pin 87, that sends power to the plow lights.
    The controller....Ck where you have tapped into ignition hot first.

7. SebagoLakeRanch

from 04038

I'm kind of embarrassed, but I figured it out. At first I thought maybe I hooked up something wrong when I added HID lights not my 97 GMC sierra, the last time I plowed it was daylight and maybe I didn't notice the plow lights not working. Last night I hooked it up and the plow lights came on, ok that's good. Well this morning I hooked up and they didn't, WTF! Then it clicked in my head, my day time running lights are the same as my headlights, I turned the knob on for actual headlights and guess what? Yeah, plow lights came on and truck lights switched off.

8. Glad to hear you got it going. Where on Sebago are you?

9. SebagoLakeRanch

from 04038

Rt 237, one mile from the lake, Gorham/Standish line.