1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Headlights dont work on 03 Dodge and MVP Plus

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Dstosh, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

With some help from others on here, I tracked down the right parts( or so I thought ) to wire up a MVP Plus to my 2003 Dodge

We had all the wiring from a ford.

I bought a new # 2 and # 3 harness P/N 29050 Its a head light harness that fits the dodge lights.

Also bought a new iso module P/N 29070-1

Wired it all up and all functions on plow work

Parking lamps and turn signals work.

Lights just wont switch over-We have the lights plugged in the right way (HB5)

Any Ideas? We are stumped

Is the iso module wrong/defective?

Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving

2. DSLL

DSLL Senior Member

Any ideas?

3. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

4. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

Yes they are. When we flip the connections To the hb-1 configuration one light works and one light is dim.

5. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Sorry... just saw this.

You obviously have them correct.

6. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

I would have to think the iso module works cause the lights do work somewhat when we flip the plugs.

The truck was flashing light out on the dash and we checked it with a code reader but no codes were present.

On the last test drive, it wasnt flashing light out on the dash.

7. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

unplug the plow side and make sure the pins are plugging in straight. they can get bent to one side.

8. DSLL

DSLL Senior Member

Dstosh and I were messing with the truck and plow today and when we hooked them up the lamp out light was still on. However, the driver side plow light high beam works now along with the parking and turn lights on the plow. That is the only plow headlight to come on. Not sure if that gives anyone any additional information. The lights on this plow do work, we tested them out on another truck before hooking it up to this dodge. Thanks

9. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

They seem to be plugging in straight. Everything truck side is new except the power harness that goes to the battery

Lights work on plow when hooked to another truck.

Thanks for the help

10. DSLL

DSLL Senior Member

Anyone have new ideas? B&B?

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Been seeing more new harness's pinned incorrectly from the factory so check the connectors to be sure they're pinned correctly both at the Iso plugs and at the headlamp plugs.

Use pg 22 here for the pin locations.

If it all checks out then I'd lean toward a bad Iso although that doesn't happen too often. Pin mistakes are far more common.

12. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

Thanks! I was hoping you'd chime in

13. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

Well B&B does it again- Swapped out the A (#2 on 4 port) harness and all lights are working.

I'll be calling cpw for a refund.

14. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Good to hear it's resolved. :waving: