1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Headlights and plow lights

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by TheGoat, Jan 11, 2011.

1. TheGoat

TheGoat Junior Member
    from Maine

Been having issue's with low beams switching from plow to truck. Low beams work on the plow but won't switch back until I plug the plow in again. Today I hooked up the plow and no high beams on plow and it won't switch back to low beams on the truck. Put a test light on the white wire at the relay and doesn't seem to be power. Can both relay's be having problems or just the high beam causing the issue?
    Plus when plugging in the plow with headlights on high beam there is no clicking from the relay but does click with the low beams on.
    Plow is a MM1 2 plug sehp relay system. Plow itself works good just a lighting issue.

Thanks inadvance for any help!!!!

Matt

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I would replace your relays. Have you unwrapped them to check them over....could just be corrosion or something.....

3. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

yeah the best thing fisher ever did was switch to isolation modules,keeps everything sealed and water tight.

4. TheGoat

TheGoat Junior Member
    from Maine

I didn't unwrap them completely but did see corrosion. Will clean them up.
    Thanks Ryan and Chevy!!

5. TheGoat

TheGoat Junior Member
    from Maine

Corrosion galore and bad relays. 3 hours of banging my head and things got worse. Took it to someone who knew what they were doing. All set now.

Thanks for your input. Very much appreciated!!!

6. AUB1

AUB1 Member

I've been following this thread and I have to throw out a big thanks to RepoMan for the hints. Weather permitting and friend and I will be re-wiring my system tomorrow. I have lots of questions. I just got my rig going a week ago and had the lights wired....I think wrongly, and today we put up my rack with 2 spots, 2 backups and an amber rotation light. So do you Guys think I should start a new thread?
    Thank You

7. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Definitely start a new thread and restate what you've said here so others can get an idea of your situation and goals..

8. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

use some dielectric grease on the terminals when you put them back on!