1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

headlight wiring

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by DirtyJerzey, Dec 18, 2008.

1. DirtyJerzey

DirtyJerzey Senior Member

In a jam here, dealer cant install my lights tonight, but everything else is up and running. I gotta head out plowing tonight but have some time to kill. How hard is it to wire up the headlights for an 8611 on an 07 dodge ram.... Obviously its not as easy as doing it on a Western, but I wouldnt mind having some lights to plow with tonight
  2. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Going out on a limb here, cause I haven't done a new Dodge, but generally speaking with the correct headlight adapters, not a big deal, just unplug factory harness from light bulb, insert adapterto factory plug, plug adapter into light, splice in parking and turn signals and your done. But again, don't know if your vehicle/new plow has iso or not, etc etc. Do you have the manual?
  3. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

No adapters on the 07 it's plug and play. You will need running light and turn signal relays or LED bulbs for the plow thought. J
  4. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

I knew there was something on the Dodge's. If direct tapped to turns/running lights too much amperage for truck circuits?