1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

headlight wiring for older western unimount frame

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by roachy, Oct 29, 2011.

1. roachy

roachy Member
    from NJ

I have a unimount plow frame. The pump has the cables with a joystick. I am trying to figure out how to wire my headlights and can not find any diagrams that apply to my setup. Each headlight has 5 color wires: red white blue black and brown. Not sure what each one goes to. I do not have any wiring harness with it, each headlight has about a ft of wire and was then cut. please help

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Do you want to restore it to orignal western or just make it work? If you just want to make it work then open up the headlight housing and look at where the wires go. Or just find what colour the common ground is and then probe the others with power. That is to say, connect the ground to a battery negative and then apply 12V positive to each of the other wires and see what light comes on with each colour & make a list. Signals L & R, park, high and low beams.