1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Headlight Wiring 2 wire Ultramount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by kmac, Dec 16, 2011.

1. kmac

kmac Member

Finishing up mounting 2 wire ultramount on a '99 Tahoe 2 door OBS with HB3-HB4 Daytime Running Lights.Wiring kit 61515. If I hook up brown wires on the harness to relays the relays energize and truck lights go off but plow lights do not go on and the high beam indicator in the truck goes on and stays on even if I switch them off? I know it says to use the DRL kit but I did this once before and don't think it was necessary? Any one know how to make it work?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  2. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

I have never hooked up DRL that should not be your problem.

What are you connecting the brown to? That should splice to parking lights. The parking lights are a different relay than the headlights.

Tan wire should be the 12v+ side of the headlight lowbeams. It will also connect to DRL and parking lights. Do you have 12V+ at those tan wires?

3. kmac

kmac Member

Thanks, turns out I know just enough to be dangerous. Plow has 12 pin - truck has 9 pin. There is a hole thread on how to modify plow side to make it work hopefully it will. Snow is supposed to be here Tuesday?

4. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

good to hear you figured that out.