1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

headlight/taillight strobe advise?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by ontario026, Nov 12, 2009.

1. ontario026

ontario026 Senior Member

Can anyone give some guidance on a strobe kit for installation in my head/taillights? wattage? 4 bulb or 6 bulb? which locations do most install them? in the taillights do you install in the orange turn signal portion? in the front where?? Where is a good source for kits?

Thanks in advance
  2. overtime

overtime Senior Member

I would try galls for the hideaways think 4 would be good think around 300 or maybe 400. In iowa you can't only having yellow flashers so might wanna try find yellow fog light and put them in rear same with front

I am not a pro but for the fire chief in town I took fog lights just the housings put the strobe in it put 4 in his grille. That's what we did he was gonna add 2 more in back but he said he's happy with just those. Looks good ill try to get pictures so you can see.
  3. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

4. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

I had just found this place about a week ago. Looks to have great prices. Whatever you do, steer clear from Strobes N More. They are horrible to deal with, just do a search for information on them and you'll see what I mean.

Check this place out as well. I haven't bought from them yet, but they look to have great prices.

Hope this helps.
  5. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

LOL, I just ordered a slim-miser for my rear window from them on Friday, will post if it gets here, haha. I liked how they charged very reasonable shipping ($8), and are nearby in RI.

That site looks like a slightly updated copy of the sirennet.com site, even same close-up videos and prices.