1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Headlight switch and plug meldown, need help

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by blestsnowpusher, Dec 28, 2009.

1. blestsnowpusher

blestsnowpusher Junior Member

While plowing I had a headlight switch and plug meltdown. While do some research, I have found this is a common problem, but I have added my own little twist. After replacing the switch and the plug the headlights now work :D, but the marker lights now do not work as they should :cry:. When you pull the switch to the marker light position, nothing happens, pull it halfway to the headlight position and the markers come on. Pull it on out to the headlight position and the marker lights go out. Anyone have any input, I would be much appreciative.

Craig :help:

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

My first thought is an dead short in the system. Does the truck have a plow light system on it or not?? Start at rthe front looking for where they spiced into the running lights for the plow. Also check the plugs for they might be chafing the cover off the wire somewhere. Also check the trailer wiring at the back. Have seen salt bridge a conductive salt layer from power to ground. I'm out plowing now but will repost if I can think of anything else.
  3. blestsnowpusher

blestsnowpusher Junior Member

Turns out to be a blown fuse, markers must have been getting feedback through the switch when in the in between position. Well back to getting ready for New Years snow.