1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Headlight swap.. Will it work?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by sn95vert, Jun 19, 2012.

1. sn95vert

sn95vert Senior Member

Long story short, I was doing a job and smashed my driver side headlight in. I thought about getting new lights for a while so now I can actually get them.. I want to install the 05-07 HD lights onto my 01. Is it going to work or am I going to have to get the newer grille for it also?

2. sn95vert

sn95vert Senior Member

to the top...

3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Lights will work but you need headlight adapters. You will also have to cut out the hole (fiberglass) behind the light assy's. It's kindof a PIA hack job but it's possible and not that big of a deal. Plug and play...........def not. There are aftermarket ones on ebay that come with adapters and instructions. The ones in my 04 are holding up well for the last 2 years.

4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

The 05 grill is not necessary but will work. You have to trim off about 3/4" of the bottom of the grill and it'll fit right in there.