1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Headlight Splice>?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by nlocho11, Jan 31, 2011.

1. nlocho11

nlocho11 Junior Member
    from CT

On my Meyer MD2 mount, the driver side light works fine, but there's no power going to the right headlight with the flip of the light switched. I've checked the connections, cleaned off the pins, done pretty much everything I could think of without buyin the wiring harness. My question is, can I just cut and splice into the wiring going to the driver side?
  2. DuffysLawncare

DuffysLawncare Junior Member

Yes It if you are planing to keep the plow on that truck wiring the plow light directly to the headlight will work.Just becarfull and take your time that's allot of wiring you don't want to mess up. Both my plow trucks head lights and high beam plow lights are ran to a 6 pin switch and spliced into the right and left head lights.The turn signals and parking lights are not ran to the 6 pin switch, I have had them like that for 2 years and never had an problem. It sure beats dishing out the money for a wiring harness.