1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Headlight Relay Adapter

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by dixiejwo, Nov 2, 2014.

1. dixiejwo

dixiejwo Junior Member

Hi all-

I'm moving my 8000HD from a '12 Ram to a '14 Ram. The dealer told me I needed to add the "28027-2 In-Line Adapter Kit" so that the lights function correctly in high-beam mode (it seems to put two relays in-line in the light harness) so I bought one.

I have a three-port controller that appears to have the plow control harness attached to "A", the driver's side light harness on "B" (greens) and the passenger side lights on "C" (blues).

The instructions for this kit appears to show this adapter in-line with the driver's side light harness. When I put it there everything appears to work on the driver's side headlight but the passenger side light is (predictably?) unaffected.

So do I need a second one of these kits for the other lighting harness? Or am I doing something horribly wrong?