1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Headlight question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by lakeeffect, Jan 20, 2008.

1. lakeeffect

lakeeffect Senior Member

Have a XBlade with the Intensifires on my '08 GMC 2500HD. The problem I am having is when my lightswitch is in auto the daytime running lights on the truck are on but only the marker lights on the plow lights. In dark they work fine like they are supposed to. When its snowing but still light out and I want my plowlights on I have to switch them on manually. Is there a way to change this?
  2. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

I believe that Fisher makes a relay for your setup to make it work correctly.
  3. MOXIE

MOXIE Member

The 07-08 Chev lights are configured different from early lights. When you turn on the high beams on newer trucks, the low beams stay on. Fisher does not want the new intensifiers or the older model lights to both be on together. My guess is that the ground does not have the current carrying capacity for both circuits. I recently installed a truck side that came with an add harness[short 1ft] This harness kills the lows when the highs are switched on. It's just a couple of relays that make the lights either/or.