1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

headlight question ?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by haulerman, Nov 21, 2010.

1. haulerman

haulerman Junior Member

i understand the dual burn kit for my old ford but why when i pull back on lever as to flash my brights all my plow lights lite as should , so why wont they work when push lever forward ? all i have is low beams and when switch to high, low beams go out and just high beams come on ? i'm confused !:dizzy:
  2. timberjack

timberjack Member

Have you got daytime running lights?

Mine did some thing similar last year, and i finally had to pull the relay from the Boss harness for the dualburn, as it would always click on/off when the plow wasn't mounted and i turned the lights on, or something like that. If you search my old threads, i did a post like that last year about this time. Would probably describe it better, and i think B&B explained it well, why it happened on my truck.

Here it is - http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=91312

I finally found a DRL delete plug for the truck harness, and am now able to run the dual burn relay this year.
  3. haulerman

haulerman Junior Member

no day time running light ! just no one can explain why i need the dual burn kit !! if they work one way why wont they work the other? and by the way this is my first boss and i'm loving it ! so fast and easy to hook up just hope they are as reliable as everyone says! thanks for everyboby getting me switched over to red - so much better than the rest (so far )lol