1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Headlight question on 2007 NBS 2500HD

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by SullivanSeptic, Nov 30, 2008.

1. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

I have a 2007 Silverado 2500HD NBS, Crew Cab, 6.5 Bed and Duramax engine. I bought and mounted a 8.5' Western Pro Plus Ultramount on it. The question is that its all done and only the right plow light works. The parking lights all work. When unplugged, the factory lights all work properly. Could this be a bad 3 port module? I am at a loss. I checked everything else.

2. caddytruck89

caddytruck89 Senior Member

Can u check to see if the light is getting power?? You said the parking light works ,right? Check the bulb. I know it sounds to simple, but sometimes i overlook the obvious and it bites me!!

3. SullivanSeptic

I checked the plug and bulb and all is good. The bright headlamp works but not the headlamp.

4. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

I went through this with my 07 NBS, make sure you check the harness for the lights apparently the harness is set up for a positive ground system, and also a negative ground system, i believe you may have the plugs reversed. Do a search, you should find a lot of information on it. I ended up taking the front end apart again, and just did trial and error until it all worked the way it should. good luck.

5. SullivanSeptic

Ok maybe this is the answer. I found a dark blue wire at my factory headlight that looks like it was crimped from the factory. Does this dark blue wire need to be hooked up somewhere? I am really at a loss. Just got some snow and have been plow with the brights on to see.

6. fordmstng66

there is a possibility that that blue wire has something to do with the DRL's I did not have any other wire on the GM factory harness that was capped off, but i did have a blue wire from the Western harness that i did not use. they say they made these plug and play, but is not even close to it. good luck. Maybe B&B will chime in soon, and help you out. I got mine to work, but i am not sure if my high beams work or not, i also did a unimount to Ultra mount conversion. i also used the 29400-2 headlight harness, is this what you have?

7. SullivanSeptic

No. I have a 29070-1

8. fordmstng66

That is the module, what is the part number of the harness that plugs into the headlights?

9. oakvillerex

oakvillerex Member

it may have something to do with the common grounds for the headlights make sure that the adapters that go onto the truck headlight plugs have the same side facing up and have the same common ground i ran into that problem also.

Jeff