1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Headlight problem

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by jeffcof150, Nov 8, 2013.

1. jeffcof150

jeffcof150 Junior Member

Just installed brand new 8.2 vxt. I have an 09 f250. Everything is working great except both blinkers will not operate. Tried everything but I can't figure it out. Any suggestions???? Thanks

2. 03fordboss

03fordboss Member
    from Iowa

There is an extra relay kit that you need to get. I just did not hook them up on mine.

3. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

You need the relay pack from headlight adapter kit MSC09993. This kit includes the headlight adapter (part #MSC08839) which is needed to hookup the headlights, but also includes a 2 relay pack in order to provide power to the plow turn signals (purple & yellow wires from the harness). You can get the relay pack itself, it's part #MSC09991 and it retails for $45.

4. jeffcof150

jeffcof150 Junior Member

Thanks for the responses guys. I have the relay kit and its hooked up per manual. That's why I'm going freaking crazy trying to figure this out. Gonna keeping tinkering with them.

5. 03fordboss

03fordboss Member
    from Iowa

I would be interested to see what you figured out. I never hooked mine up because I have heard several people say they could not get it to work either.

6. jeffcof150

jeffcof150 Junior Member

Ok I pulled the fuse out of adapter to see if it would work and the blinkers still don't work. WTF!!! Can't figure it out!!