1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Headlight Problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by cullionscarter, Jan 30, 2011.

1. cullionscarter

cullionscarter Junior Member

So heres the situation.

1. The only light that is workin on the plow is the Running light on the drivers side and the blinker on the passenger side.

2. When i turn the drive side blinker on the head light and the blinker on the driver side of the truck blink along with the head light on the passenger side and nothing on the plow blinks.

3. When i turn the passenger side blinker on the truck functions correctly along with the plow

4. There is no head lights on the plow what so ever.

5. Turing bright lights on does not effect the plow although the truck brights work correctly

I am hoping that someone out there has a fresh mind on what is goin wrong here.

2. Davidl79

Davidl79 Junior Member

I would check all the connections for corrosion. Check all the grounds to make sure they are tight. You might have to get out a wiring diagram and check every wire to see where it looses power. Make sure you use electric grease on all the connections.

3. cullionscarter

cullionscarter Junior Member

So we have got it all pretty much figured out other than now

1. The head lights on the truck go off when we hook up the plow

2. The bright head lights will not work on the plow.