1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Headlight problem

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jasonz, Jan 28, 2011.

1. jasonz

jasonz Senior Member

I'm sure this has been posted before but I'm browsing from my phone sand can't get the search to work. Last night my headlights kept switching from the plow lights to the truck lights, i tried looking in the service manual but I have a hard time following wiring diagrams, after the switching the truck lights came on and the plow lights havent been on. The turns do work though, I never wired a unimount before just an ultra, obviously it's the relay right? The thing is it seemed like vibration was causing them to switch on and off, would a bad relay cause those symptoms?
  2. RH31379

RH31379 Member

I'd check your connections first
  3. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

On the driver side parking lamp you should have a brown wire attach. Check the wire for corrosion at the bullet connector.. This wire activates the relays when you turn on the headlights
  4. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

bad connection at the grill plug