1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Headlight problem following boss install

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by TWrench, Oct 11, 2009.

1. TWrench

TWrench Junior Member

Just finished installing a Boss 8.2V wiring harness in my 2005 Chevy 2500HD. When I first tested it hooked up to the plow, I hadn't connected the wires to the turn signals and running lights. Everything works fine with the plow, but now I have no low beams. The high beams work fine when you turn them on, but I have no low beams. The switch position for plow or truck doesn't seem to matter either. Any help would be appreciated guys, Thanks!

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Re-check all the headlight adapter plug in's. They all need to be connected so the locking tab is on the "A" side of the connector where they're connected to the original truck harness. If one or two are incorrect it results in the issue you're experiencing.

If this is a used install also be sure the vehicle option connector is connected red-to-red and black-to-black.

3. azandy

azandy Member

That is exactly what the problem must be. Use some dioelectric grease on connections. This may save you a little stress at 2 AM.