1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Headlight Problem, Extreme V

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by kmwharley, Feb 16, 2008.

1. kmwharley

kmwharley Member

Last night driving down the road my headlights started going on and off when they wanted to. Did not matter wether or not it was on high or low beam. Got out and checked the plugs but no corrosion. Cleaned out and re applied di electric grease but did not help. Basically the headlights would for no reason just switch to the truck lights, although the turn signal lights would stay working, and back to the plow again.......hope i can get it figured out today as I will more than likly need to go out tomorrow before any dealer open. Thanks

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

What about the marker lights on the plow, did they go out as well when it switched back to the truck lights on it's own (markers, not turn signals)?

3. kmwharley

kmwharley Member

The amber marker/turn signal lights always stayed on on the plow. Just the headlights are the problem.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

What kind of truck?

5. kmwharley

kmwharley Member

00 GMC 1 ton

6. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

are they the intensifires?

7. kmwharley

kmwharley Member

yes they are. I believe that is all that comes on an extreme v

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Might want to check the configuration plug for loose terminals/corrosion.

Double check the pins in the grill plugs. Even if you found no corrosion they may need spread a bit.

9. kmwharley

kmwharley Member

Sorry for the ignorance but are the "configuration plug" the one on the isolation module? Also the grill plugs pins are solid....so how would i spread them. Thanks

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The config plug is located near the Iso mod. Should have three wires in it. Blue, DK Blue/Red and a DK Blue/White.

Have seen a couple where the terminals lose contact...