1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

headlight problem after install

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by the new boss 92, Dec 13, 2008.

1. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

i got my wiring harness in last night and installed it with no problem except when i turn my headlights on both the regular headlights and the brights are on. how can i fix this i couldnt find anything on troubleshooting on boss's web page? i have a 92 chevy 1200 with a 350.

2. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Might have your plugs reversed or your relays.......

3. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

The Fisher I bought this summer came off a 2001 GMC, I put it on an 06. I had the same problem. Where the factory light harness plugs into the plow harness, the wires weren't matched up. Say it is a red and black wire, the red on one end plugged into the black on the other end. I pulled the wires out of the plow harness and switched them around and all is good. Take a look at the wires and make sure they match up, I would think it would be color coded.

4. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

alright ill take a look and the wiring and open up the wiring inside the black casing and see what i can find