1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Headlight problem 99' Ram

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by JTW, Oct 22, 2005.

1. JTW

JTW Senior Member

So I thought I blew a bulb the other day when the drivers side went out and only worked with the high beam on. I went and picked up a new bulb and I still have the same problem... Any guesses?

99' Ram 2500

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

do you have a plow on the truck? what brand plow?

3. JTW

JTW Senior Member

Have a Fisher mm on it.

4. JElmWin

JElmWin Senior Member

How are your electrical connections? Are you using Dielectric grease?

5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

first thing i would do is unplug the plow harness from the factory harness and plug the factory harness into the bulb on that side to eliminate the truck/factory harness

6. ironworks01

ironworks01 Member

BAD GROUND... check for power with a test light available at a partst store for a buck or so. I am sure it's a corroded ground on the radiator support.
    mike

7. JTW

JTW Senior Member

if it had a bad ground wouldn't the hi beams be out?

8. festerw

festerw Senior Member

There were some problems with headlight switches burning out on the older rams. Also they are negatively switched so keep that in mind.

9. ironworks01

ironworks01 Member

He is right... What I meant is check for power. There should be power all the time. The bulb should have 3 wires 1 hot and 2 switched ground wires one for HB and 1 for LB. Is the connector burnt. You probably have a bad connector on the bulb. One of them is probably all green with corrosion clean and apply dielectric grease.
    mike

10. JTW

JTW Senior Member

The problem is with the wireing that goes from the light to the box for the plow... needs to be replaced.