1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

headlight prob with blizzard

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by ctc5, Nov 27, 2005.

1. ctc5

ctc5 Junior Member
    from ct

Just installed my blzzard 760lt on my 99 1500. everything works great except for the headlights. With the plow lights disconnected and the toggle swictch set to plow lights, truck lights will turn off, untill plow lights are connected and my truck highbeams automatically turn on regardless if I'm pulling the switch. Is it possible I have the wrong harness. The plow harness has connections for 2 hi/lo bulbs. There is 4 hi/lo bulbs on the truck that seem to be connected in series depending what position the dimmer is in. Didnt get a chance to call the dealer yet so any help would be aprecciated.
    Also my truck dips down about 2in with the plow up, but I can't drive with the plow angled blade almost toches the ground. Any ideas thanks Steve

2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Im not sure what to tell you there, Im confused. :rolleyes:

3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

sounds like you have the sport package on the truck and that requires a different headlight adaptor kit than the regular 1500.

4. ctc5

ctc5 Junior Member
    from ct

It is a sport model. Do I need a different harness. What do you think about the driving with the plow angled issue. Is it correct that I shoud have angled while driving.

5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

You dont need a different harness, just different headlight adaptors. If you were closer i would find a way to get you the set sitting in the garage.

I ususally run with my blade angled just to make it narrower while traveling down the road.

6. ctc5

ctc5 Junior Member
    from ct

Called the dealer today right adapters should be here in a couple days. Some how I got the wrong adapters for a non sport. The problem I'm having with the plow angled is that the blade nearly touches the ground. The reason I wan't it angled is the same as you it is narrower. Thanks for the help. Steve

7. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Do you have any weight in the bed, if not add about 500lbs that should help. You could also get a set of #38/#39 springs or add Timbrens or do all 3 and be ready for anything.