1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Headlight part number

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Ggg6, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

What is the part# for the headlight used on the Unimounts. I do not mean the Western part# I am looking for a GE, or Wagner etc. part # so I can buy them at an auto parts store. All I can find are either high beams or low beams in that size, not both high and low beams in the same light.
  2. DistinctiveDave

DistinctiveDave Senior Member

I thought it was a 6054, but im not 100% sure. I have an extra one laying around somewhere ill let you know if its different.
  3. MJay

MJay Member

Western comes with Sylvania H6545/H4666.
    I wanted to upgrade my lights so I changed the connectors [$6 a pair] to accept regular car lights and installed Wagner Truview: IMHO a much better light with less glare, plus I can now buy regular lights anywhere, anytime (24hr Walmarts).
    I would like to know why Western installs these connectors/lights? Anybody?
  4. KenG

KenG Senior Member
    from MA

They should be HP6545 bulbs. H4666 bulbs are the replacement part. You can get Sylvania upgrade bulbs that already have the right 2E1 connector.
    Cool Blue H4666 CB
    Silverstar H4666 ST
    Xtra Vision H4666 XV
  5. sixspeed

sixspeed Senior Member

Even better

Even better light is available if you swap out the regular H6545/4666 bulbs for a set of Hella # 72146 European glass bulbs. You'll need a new 3-prong plug and you'll have to solder the wires into the Western harness but you won't regret it... There is an explanation of this bulb conversion at www.geocities.com/ray_j_j/lights.html

Well worth the 90 bucks for the 2 bulbs... It's up to you to whether you want to use the 72146 (European/off-road) pattern or the DOT approved one...

It almost makes the headlights normal!!!
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2006
  6. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

Thanks to everybody who replied, I have not decided what to yet, since I had no idea there were so many options. Thanks again.
  7. Scenic Lawnscape

Scenic Lawnscape Senior Member

Of these 3 choices whicj one is the best and brightest?
  8. Scenic Lawnscape

Scenic Lawnscape Senior Member