1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

headlight modifications 94 gmc

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by gmcdan, Nov 29, 2011.

1. gmcdan

gmcdan Senior Member

ive got the 94 gmc with the composite headlights , 2 seperate high beams and two seperate low beams , the way the lights work is that when the lows are on the highs are off and when the highs are on the lows are off , anyways about 4 years ago or so there was a mod that you could do that would turn all 4 on when you hit the highs i cant seem to find it now . anyone do this mod ? if so any info on it ? good or bad . nothing came up searching for me thanks .
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Add a generic relay to the lows and trip the relay with a signal from the highs. Cheap easy upgrade.
  3. luciani634

luciani634 Member

Attached Files:

4. Holland

Holland Senior Member

I've done it to every one ive owned. As said before, its very simple to do. First couple i did i added a switch so i could disable the feature, but lately i havent. If you.ve got a plow, just make sure to wire it up after the plow wiring (right at the headlight) so your not activating both the high and low beam together on your plow lights.
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I wire most plows for dual burn via wiring the truck for dual burn. Nice addition many owners like and want once they see the difference it makes. About the only ones I don't is anything equipped with Night Hawks/Intensifiers. Due to design they don't shed the extra heat very well like most other brands will without problem.

The Night Saber 2's are killer with good bulbs and setup for dual burn. They blow DD's lights out of the water.
  6. gmcdan

gmcdan Senior Member

thank you .