1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Headlight issues

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by abbe, Nov 27, 2009.

1. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

I have a 3 plug 4 port isolation isolation module setup in my 00 f250. i had it wired up for a straight blade. I sold the straight blade and i got an ezvee so i got my hands on the 7 pin wiring harness i needed. When i pulled my straight blade harness out, which was only the number one port, i went to drive the truck and all i had was a single headlight. I installed the new 7 pin harness and i still only had one headlight. I pulled the bulbs and i switched them and each worked. The issue is with the shorter, drivers side headlight lead. This is the number 3 port i believe. I switched ports 3 and 4 and then the drivers headlight worked. This lead me to believe that the isolation module was bad. i plugged my spare isolation module in and i still had the same problem, only one headlight worked, even if i switched hte ports around. Any ideas?

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

And you your certain you connected that stick connector from the control harness to the plow light harness in port 2? Also check your fuses on the control harness. Not sure how it would be related, but it's worth a shot while your right there.

3. RepoMan207

from Maine

By chance have you checked it with the plow on?

4. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

i checked all the fuses on the harness, and now i havent gottten a chance to hook the plow up yet. But my main point of concern was it did this when there was no main harness in, before i even installed the 7pin harness. it did it as soon as i removed the straight blade wiring

5. RepoMan207

from Maine

I know what your saying, & I may be wrong here, but I think the ISO gets it's power off the control harness. So when you pulled that 3 pin harness out...it wouldn't work properly. It's the only connection between the two I believe.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Needs the configuration plug on the control harness set to the negative common configuration.

7. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

Can you put that in stupid terms please? i only know these things so far. What do you mean by set to the neative common configuration? thanks alot guys

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Configuration plug will be right near the two inline fuse holders. See page 6 here for the rest of the details. Saves me a little typing. :D

9. RepoMan207

from Maine

Good to know..... I always thought that was a tester port for the dealers tools or something.