1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

headlight issues

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by mutz, Nov 9, 2008.

1. mutz

mutz Junior Member

i resently installed a western ultra mount truck side on my 2000 ford f-250. the headlights have worked fine up until yesterday. i hooked up my plow yesterday to make sure it was already to go for the season. it all worked fine, but now the truck headlights dont work like they should. on low beams the passenger side works but the driver side is barely on. when i hit the high beams the opposite happens. any ideas what could be wrong?

2. HighlandPlow

HighlandPlow Junior Member

Do you have the 3 port module? On a 99 chev, we had to go back to the old 4 port module to eliminate the headlight problems. Not sure if it is a problem on the fords or not.

3. mutz

mutz Junior Member

i have the 3 port. it worked fine up until now.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Make sure the black/orange ground wire has a good ground connection that exits the harness near the motor relay on its way to the neg battery terminal.

If it all looks good then it time to start looking for a loose connection or pin in the connector plugs. Be sure none of the terminals have pushed out of their housings. I find that issue from time to time with the weather sealed type connections. Have to be sure their fully seated into the plastic connector housing.

5. mutz

mutz Junior Member

when the plow is hooked up the lights on the plow work but, when i disconnect the plow the truck headlights are the problem. only one works on low and the other works on high.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Still sounds like a poor connection (ground) at the truck connectors.

7. mutz

mutz Junior Member

ok ill take a look at the connectors tonight and see what i find