1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Headlight issues

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 2005_Sierra, Jan 11, 2013.

1. 2005_Sierra

2005_Sierra Senior Member

I just installed intensifiers on a MM1 that had the old style sealed beam lights. When i first installed the plow the D/S light was working P/S was out, changed the bulb and both went to working. During the first storm i noticed the D/S was not working and had planned to fix it until i hit a manhole and cracked the P/S Housing :mad: Yesterday i went and installed intensifiers, and after they were all installed i again noticed the D/S headlight is out. I went ahead and found i'm not getting power to the D/S but the P/S is. all the plugs are connected. Now what would cause this issue? a bad headlight harness? or a bad module?? and how would i test to verify what the issue is?

Thanks for any and all help guys

2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Did you get the lights that come with the harness?

3. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Does the headlight work on the truck when the plow is DC'd?

4. 2005_Sierra

Yes the truck headlights work if thats what your saying, or are you saying to jump the pin in the harness to try and turn it on?

Yes the lights are from zequip.com

5. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Is it a four port or three port isolation module? If it's a three port are all the headlight harness plugs on the same side? A or B. And if it's a four port what are the part numbers on the two headlight harnesses? Should be on a tag.

6. 2005_Sierra

Its a 3 port harness, and after pulling it all apart again and testing if there was power in the plug i must've flipped the plug over on the A/B side and all of a sudden the headlights work. so it turned out to be an easy simple fix after alot of head scratching :mechanic: