1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Headlight Issue

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by eyebrowski, Dec 12, 2009.

1. eyebrowski

eyebrowski Junior Member

My drivers side low beam is not coming on with or without my plow attached. The high beam works fine and I get the low back if I switch to the factory harness. I have a Douglas 26134 isolation module.

Any suggestions?

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

New install or pre existing? Have you checked to make sure your connections are put together tightly, and there is no corrosion within them?

3. eyebrowski

eyebrowski Junior Member

New install with old equipment. Although, I had this same issue on my old truck with this set-up at the end of last season so it is definitely a plow rig issue. Connections at the isolation unit look perfect and the connections at the headlight look fine and still have lube on them.

4. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Configuration plug in the control harness needs to be re-configured for your headlight common.

5. eyebrowski

eyebrowski Junior Member

Where can I find instructions for this? I do not see it in the PDF manual on Fisher's website (although it is mentioned in the trouble shooting section).

6. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Page 6...

http://www.westernplows.com/pdf/28561.04_052407.pdf

7. chachi

chachi Junior Member
    from NY

This happened to me also. I printed out page 6 and changed the jumper. Didn't work, same problem. Any other info on this? If I put 12v to the orange wire plugged into #3 of the ISO Module, the driver side light works. Seems something is preventing power to be supplied (maybe bad iso module??).

Anyone?

8. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

What kind of truck, plow....new install or old. You might want to start your own thread for further feedback.

9. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I have seen quite a few broken pins and wires in the harnesses on older isolations setups lately. Very hard to visually verify, best bet is to check continuity of each wire. Usually we just replace that harness as opposed to messing with pins and connectors.

10. chachi

chachi Junior Member
    from NY