1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

headlight issue

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 00bluegtp, Feb 6, 2011.

1. 00bluegtp

00bluegtp Member

well i had an issue tonight where i disconnected the snowplow and all the lights were fine.. I went to homedepot came out and bang i have flickering low beams cause i have HIDs but then i got out and noticed the high beams were on too but very dim. I turned the high beams on and only one side works. wtf would cause this? what do your guys think? i got home and plugged in to the plow amd everything works. Disconnected it and its still the same way it was. Relay problem? any ideas would be helpful.

2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I would say your headlamp relay is inoperative.I have hids in my truck and have never had a problem with them.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
  3. 00bluegtp

00bluegtp Member

You mean the factory headlamp relay?

4. 00bluegtp

00bluegtp Member

i was told by a guy today that its the iso module. He said they go bad on the fishers all the time causing headlights to do wacky things. Any way to check this?

5. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

I would start by unplugging the harness from the iso module at the lights. Plug the factory light harness directly to the lights, ballast for the HID and bulb for the high beam. As far as testing the module itself, I have no idea, but find out if the lights work fine with out the module involved.

6. 00bluegtp

00bluegtp Member

took the truck to the local fisher dealer and it turns out that H.I.D's are not to be used on trucks with fisher plows and isolation modules. They draw too much amperage and the isolation modules cant handle it.

7. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

I have HIDs in my truck, have for a couple of years now. Knock on wood, no problems with them. I'm sure there are plenty of other guys here with the same set up and no issues.

DId you have to get another iso module?

8. 00bluegtp

00bluegtp Member

yup. $289. well i learned from my mistakes. Just sux i had to learn the hard way.