1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Headlight issue ultramount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by wideout, Nov 15, 2014.

1. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

Wideout on 2011 dodge 2500 3 port isolation module. Plow hooked up, plow lights won't come on unless I'm actively operating plow. When plow is down it kicks back to truck lights only. Any thoughts??

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Wrong power wire hooked up to solenoid.

3. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

It's been hooked up like this for 4 years and worked up till this year

4. dieselss

Did you state this earlier?
    Your getting power at the solenoid when your not supposed to.

5. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

This is a bad isolation module.... nothing to do with the motor power relay DieselSS... you are thinking about the three plug system red/green power wire at the motor relay being on the wrong side.

Wide out is plug and play, no way to get the wires mixed up. This is a bad isolation module. Somehow I think the float function is crossing over to the light relay in the module. When it's down (and floating) the headlights go off as if there is no plow connected. The fact that the lights work at all indicates that the power is being made available, it just turns off when the plow is down. When he says "actively using the plow" I don't think he means only when the motor is spinning.

Wideout..... do the lights stay on when the motor is not spinning? Is there a relationship between the float light being on and the lights on the plow going out?

6. dieselss

This is a bad isolation module.... nothing to do with the motor power relay DieselSS... you are thinking about the three plug system red/green power wire at the motor relay being on the wrong side.

Yea I was.

7. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

. The plow lights will only work when I'm operating the plow raising lowering left or right or moving the wings once I let go of the buttons the plow lights go out

8. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

I to have kinda the same problem 2 weeks ago I got the plow ready for the season and everything works fine. Last night I went to use it and the Red Fused power wire to the handheld controller broke some place in the harness. This wire was not live all the time, It only had Power when the truck was running. So I ran a new wire from the battery and fused it to the Controller plug in and now I have No Lights at all on the Tree No headlamps, No Parking lamps, No Turn signals Anyone have any input on this

9. dieselss

Not quite the "same" problem. I'd start a new thread

10. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

I agree, will be happy to help but you need to initiate your own thread.