1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Headlight help

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by quigleysiding, Jan 5, 2016.

1. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

My 1997 dodge had a hydraulic pump . Switched it over to a seph pump last year . Got the harness out of a 1999 ford . Just hooked up the control part of the harness and used my original light harness that was in the truck 7 pin . So one of the pins broke off . Yesterday decided to hook up the nine pin light part of the harness for the lights. plug in the lights nothing works except the parking lights . i can hear the relays click when i plug it in but no plow lights . Ford harness has extra relay that my dodge didnt . Plow still works fine . Intensifire lights .Any ideas . Thanks

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

So your dodge harness was a 7 pin..New one is nine.....I think your missing a few pins to start with.

3. quigleysiding

Huh .The old one just ran the lights . The new used one runs lights and pump

My other dodge with seph pump has nine too

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  4. dieselss

You said old had 7 pins. New one has 9.
    For a unimount you need 9 pin connectors

So seems like your missing a wire.

5. dieselss

Let's back up...
    The current set up your running. Truckside and plowside both have 9 pins?

6. quigleysiding

yeah its a fisher 9 ft hd plow with a seph pump . Plow and truck side both have nine pins . The old set up was a hydraulic with 7 pins . Gone now . The new used 9 pin set up is from a 99 ford . Last year put the seph pump on just hooked up the control part of the harness left the seven pin for the lights . This year took out the seven pin harness hooked up the light part of the nine pin and no lights .

7. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

Not the right harness

97 Dodge was a HB-1 Headlight - 62526 Harness

99 Superduty was a HB-5 Headlight - 61591 Harness

The only way it might be the right headlight plug if the 99 Ford was F-150, then it would be a 61571 Harness... which is still the wrong harness

8. quigleysiding

Yeah I was thinking that . Its totally different setup then the one on my other dodge . Is there away to make it work ? Was in a f 350

All the plugs plug right in

9. Philbilly2

You said one more relay, what is the total count of relays on the Ford harness so I can figure out what harness you actually have in your hands

10. quigleysiding

It has two relays and a little box with pink purple and black wires on it two wires are plugs .

11. Philbilly2

Wow,

As long as I have the correct diagrams... All I can say after staring at the two wiring diagrams is I am simply dumbfounded by how similar the two harnesses actually are...

On that note, where did you connect the pink wire?

12. quigleysiding

Put it on the battery . There is a black and pink/ red wires coming off that box .
    they both had big connectors so .

Thanks for your help .

13. Philbilly2

Does that mean you connected those to battery it is working now? Or are you thinking me in advance?

14. quigleysiding

Always had it hooked to the batt . Still does not work . Still messing with it though . :laughing:

15. Philbilly2

Does your Dodge have DRL's?

16. quigleysiding

Just wanted to update this . My son came by and fixed it . Both the relays were bad . Everything works as it should .

Thanks for alll your help . If your ever in town stop by i'll buy you a beer.:drinkup: