1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Headlight Help

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Dstosh, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

I am working on installing a 860 SW on a 2006 F-250. Having trouble with the lights. This is an older model with the relay system.

I have 4 relays in. When I switch from vehicle to plow lights the vehicle lights stay on and I only get the drivers side plow light.

On the passenger side there is a green wire that is broken that when I Jump-still doesn't work. But when I apply 12v it lights up. There is no power at the relay (Green w black stripe)

I broke the yellow pin trying to clean them, which I determined is the running light.

Having some issues- Don't know where to start.

Should the plow and the vehicle lights both be on at the same time?

How do I rectify?

Thanks

2. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

you will only get one or the other to work as that is what the relays do, when you flip the switch on the console , you are effectively grounding your relay for plow lights, if you go on the blizzard plow site, you can down load all manuals for all years of blades and you will find a wiring diagram to help you see what you actually need to do, the single wire coming from the plow light harness , usually goes to ground to light the plow lights, as long as your headlights are on , you having both on is another issue, maybe a bad solenoid?, not sure,