1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

headlight help!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jsc824, Dec 7, 2010.

1. jsc824

jsc824 Member
    from N.H.

I just finished wiring the western unimount that I recently bought. The plow goes left,right, up down, and the parking lights, and turn signals work.

The problem I have is the headlights dont work. Both high and low dont work on the plow. When I plug in, the truck lights stay on, and work fine.

I have no idea what to look for. The only thing I can think of is the relays. Anyone have any ideas where to start.

If it helps I have a 97 k1500 with HB3/4 headlamps.

2. BLK BZT

BLK BZT Junior Member

I just fixed a headlight problem on my unimount. When the orange/black wire on the light harness is not grounded, the plow will do what you are describing. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

3. jsc824

jsc824 Member
    from N.H.

BLK BZT- thank you, that was exactly the problem. Somehow the orange/black wire got cut. Re- crimped it and on the lights came. Thanks again.

4. BLK BZT

BLK BZT Junior Member

Glad I could help. Now go plow some snow. :)